Dealing with toxic people is very hard, all the more when the toxic people around you are close to you, like family or close friends. They are really close to you, you don’t even acknowledge that there is something bad going on and so you put up with these things to accept their kind of behavior towards you.
In this episode of Good Morning Business Owners, Leon is going to share with you the steps that you can do on how to deal with toxic people and assert yourself.
Here are a few insights you’ll hear in today’s show…
- Leon shares his personal experiences with toxic people during his younger years. (… and how he dealt with it?)
- Is the feedback about the business or they are using the business as a way to get at you to communicate
- Find out the steps that you can do on how to deal with toxic people
- What are the 3 good things that you can take out being with toxic people
- Exercises that you can do to get to the bottom of the toxicity around you
- The book, “10-Second Philosophy: A Practical Guide to Releasing Your Inner Genius” by Derek Mills (…The P.E.R.F.E.C.T. Life Standards System)
“In your house, you wanna have a household where you feel safe, you feel comfortable, you feel that things are great.”
“I secluded myself because I thought that it is the best way to handle this.”
“You stop putting up with things, and that becomes the new comfort zone and because it becomes the new comfort zone, that is now affecting you because you are lowering your standards to accept that type of behavior or input from people around you who are toxic.”
“When you are dealing with people who are close or in the family or very close friends but you are not able to articulate or communicate clearly, it can be a problem because sometimes you might be allowing the behavior, you might be the one that’s putting up with things and therefore that’s what allowing them to keep being the toxic person around you.”
“You can take yourself out of the situation so that you see for what it is and you don’t take what’s happening to you too, personally.”
“Be mindful because sometimes we don’t see things because we accept things and so therefore when we accept them, we stop seeing them for what they are.”
“The more that you’re in the right space, you’re living from a place of love, you’re living from a place of your vision and putting something good out into this world, the more that you’re gonna get at that.”
If you need help in growing your business, click here.
The 10-Second Philosophy: A Practical Guide to Releasing Your Inner Genius by Derek Mills
Connect with Leon Streete:
BOE Podcast Admin
Latest posts by BOE Podcast Admin (see all)
- BOE-S2009 – 4-Steps On How to ATTRACT More QUALIFIED CLIENTS - September 21, 2020
- BOE-S2008 – How To Deal With Toxic People When Running Your Business - September 17, 2020
- BOE-S2007 – 5 Steps to MORE Leads with Facebook Ads for Business Owners - September 14, 2020